Future Sunday Services
Sunday Feb 14, Margie Conlin, "Freedom Riders of Chestertown." Special music by Alan Johnson. This Sunday service will address the climate of race relations circa 1962, including the attitudes projected from Washington College. Then we'll describe the Freedom Riders and their effect, if any, on Chestertown and Kent County. Several observations by local residents will be presented. For the third year in a row, we welcome the "Pilgrim Travelers of Pomona," a four-piece band that will play Negro spirituals and other pieces. And, in celebration of Black History Month, we are pleased to exhibit works in our sanctuary by local artist Kevin L. Harris, who paints portraits, abstracts, trees, and cultural depictions on glass.
Sunday Feb 21, Rev. Schmidt. Special music by Philip Dutton.
Sunday Feb 28, Rev. John Ames
Sunday Mar 6, Ms. Ava Benach. Special music by Sombarkin.
THINKING OF JOINING UUCR?
Here's your Path to Membership
- Come to Sunday services to learn our approach to religion and life.
- Attend Third Friday Potlucks and other events to get to know us better.
- Check out our Unitarian Universalist and UUCR brochures in the lobby.
- Ask questions. Membership Committee members Diane Shields, Pat Gomez,Margo Long, Nancy Holland and Jan Whitney are here with answers.
- Take the Pathway to Membership Orientation. A class is coming soon; let us know if you're interested.
- Sign the Membership Book!